Co-op Community Kitchen Program Overview
This program supports the Co-op’s mission to provide the benefits of healthy food to as many people in our community as possible. We believe that learning to cook healthy low-cost meals can help everyone eat well and improve their quality of life.
- Regular monthly classes- each 2 hours in length
- Classes include hands-on cooking and nutrition education with an emphasis on eating healthy and low-cost.
- An optional store tour of the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op offers participants information about ways to save when shopping.
This Season’s Classes
Please register by calling 916-868-6399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
March 8, April 12, May 10
Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op
Community Learning Center & Cooking School
March 15, April 19, May 17
In our program students learn to:
- Prepare delicious, healthy, low-cost meals using whole grains, fresh produce and plant-based proteins ($2.00 or less per serving)
- Make positive changes in shopping, cooking, and eating habits
- Choose foods to include in a healthy meal
- Use the Co-op as a resource for healthy low-cost foods
- Plan menus and set food budgets
- Read nutrition facts labels
- Save money on healthy foods
- Practice knife handling and safety
- Prepare and handle food safely
- Properly store fruits, vegetables, and bulk foods properly to reduce waste and save money
For More Information:
To learn more about our Co-op Community Kitchen program or volunteer, contact email@example.com or call 916-868-6399