Our vision and purpose at the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op is to provide the benefits of natural foods and products, economic cooperation, and sustainable practices to as many people as possible in the communities that we serve. We also want to be a trusted source of natural foods and products, a reliable resource for consumer information, and provide excellent customer service and a friendly and welcoming environment to all.
Benefits of working at the Co-op
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Staff development opportunities
- Potential for upward mobility
- Union membership with regular pay increases
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- 20% employee discount
- Free cooking classes
- How do I apply for a position? To be considered for a position, you will need to completely fill out our online application.
- What does the hiring process look like? We post all positions for a minimum of 7 days and up to two months depending on the position and number of applicants. We review each application and then invite top candidates in for an in-person interview. On occasion we may conduct a second interview over the phone or in person. We then select the top candidate for the position based on our criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, national origin, veteran’s status, disability or any other class protected by local, state or federal law.
- Will I hear back once a decision has been made? We notify every applicant with the status of their application and never want to leave anyone in the dark, so please make sure your email and phone number are accurate!
- Do I need to enter my job history into the application if I have uploaded a resume? Absolutely – all fields of the application need to be complete to be considered for the position. Not everyone includes necessary information (such as employment dates, job responsibilities, etc.) on the resumes they create, so we need to ask for that information in the application. But uploading a resume is still a great way to provide additional information.
- How many applications does the co-op receive? We receive an average of 60 applications for each position we post.
- What if I encounter technical difficulties while completing my application? If you encounter technical difficulties, try to use another website browser or a different computer. If you are still encountering issues, please give us a call or an email!