Come join Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op as our new General Manager!
The Sacramento Natural Foods Cooperative is the largest single-store grocery co-op in the nation. Located in Sacramento, California, our 47-year old cooperative has more than 11,000 members and 230+ employees with sales exceeding $45 million annually. The Co-op continues to grow in a dynamic market with a strong, experienced management team.
We are looking for a leader to continue our sales growth, direct our management team and continue our commitment to the cooperative principles. The General Manager reports to a seven-member Board of Directors that is elected by the cooperative’s members. The cooperative’s workers are represented by a union and we enjoy positive labor relations.
- 5+ years of experience in retail grocery management
- Experience managing financial statements and projections
- Experience managing a top-level management team and staff.
- Previous experience creating and developing effective procedural standards.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent certificate.
- 3+ years of experience working with a Board of Directors
What you should LOVE to do:
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Grow sales and control costs.
- Identify, hire, and train talent.
- Merchandising and selling.
- Being an integral part of your local community.
- Being committed to the Co-operative principles.
- Working cooperatively with a strong management team and the Board of Directors.
Compensation information available to applicants upon request. We offer competitive wages and benefits, including a retirement plan, health care, and a bonus package.
Sacramento, America’s “farm to fork capital,” is consistently rated as one of the best places to live in America. Our diverse community is home to the nation’s agricultural heartland, and a short distance to San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Lake Tahoe.
For the full job description, click here.
How to apply
Send cover letter, resume to GMsearch@sac.coop
No phone calls please
General Manager Search Timeline
|Oct 14 – Nov 1||Posting, Job Description, Timeline released||BoD, HR|
|Nov 1 – Jan 15||Candidate Outreach & Assessment||HR, Recruiter|
|Jan 16 – Feb 15||First Interviews||BoD, HR|
|Feb 15 – Mar 15||Finalist Interviews, References Collected||BoD, HR|
|Mar 16 – Mar 31||Finalist Deliberations||BoD|
|Apr 1||Offer Extended and Finalized||BoD|
|Jun 1||New General Manager Begins||BoD, HR|
|Jun 1 – Nov 30||On-Boarding and Coaching||BoD, HR|