Member Volunteer opportunities have been suspended.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our community partners have limited opportunities for volunteers, so most of our volunteer opportunities have been suspended.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
When the opportunities resume, we will hold a Member Volunteer Orientation. Thank you for your patience!
The Co-op’s Member Volunteer Program provides opportunities for eligible Co-op members (and their designated household shoppers) to volunteer with non-profit community partners, in exchange for a discount at the Co-op. This offers a pathway for members to make meaningful contributions that will make a real difference in our community.
The Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op is committed to supporting the community, as stated in its Global Ends Statement. Partnering with organizations whose work aligns with that commitment helps the Co-op fulfill this goal.
General Guidelines for the Member Volunteer Program
- In order to be eligible to volunteer, Co-op members (or their designated household shopper) must attend a Member Volunteer Orientation and keep their equity current, this will ensure discounts are received and membership benefits remain intact.
- Members who receive a Community Discount will not be eligible for a Member Volunteer Discount.
- Member Volunteer Orientations will be held each quarter and will be posted at sac.coop/membervolunteer.
- To volunteer, follow the directions above to sign up online. If you’re having trouble, call 916-868-6399.
- All volunteer opportunities must be signed up for in advance online. No drop-ins, please.
- For each volunteer credit, eligible members will earn an electronic coupon to use the following month. That coupon can be applied to one shopping trip for a 20% discount.
- Member Volunteers can accrue up to two discount coupons for the following month.
Member Volunteer FAQs
Q: How do I find out what kinds of opportunities are available?
A: Qualifying Members can view available dates, times and opportunities at sac.coop/membervolunteer.
Q: Where are volunteer opportunities available?
A: Opportunities are available at the Co-op’s established qualifying partners: River City Food Bank and Soil Born Farms.
Q: I don’t have a computer. How can I find out about the available opportunities and sign up?
A: You can call our registration line at 916-868-6399 and we will be happy to help you. If we don’t answer, please leave a message and we will call you back.
Q: Am I able to sign up at the Co-op Customer Service Desk?
A: In order for the Customer Service Desk to concentrate on the many other needs of Co-op shoppers, we ask that you call our registration line.
Q: Can I do twice as many shifts and get a discount for myself and for someone else?
A: The volunteer credit will only be available to the member who is volunteering and a designated household shopper. A household shopper can volunteer and earn the discount for the household.
Q: I’m between jobs right now so it’s a great time to bank a bunch of member volunteer credits! How far into the future can I earn my discount?
A: You may volunteer for up to two opportunities each month. The credits you earn will apply to a discount the following month.