Are you looking to volunteer for an opportunity?
You will first need to log into your account by clicking the button below and signing in.
If you are eligible to volunteer for an opportunity you will see a button on the left side main menu called Member Volunteer, click that button.
You will now be presented with a Terms of Service button. Click that button and a window will appear, please read and accept the agreement.
The Opportunity Signup button will now appear. Click that button and schedule your opportunity.
The next Member Volunteer Orientation is Tuesday, October 1st at 5:30 pm.
The Co-op’s Member Volunteer Program provides opportunities for eligible Co-op members (and their designated household shoppers) to volunteer with non-profit community partners, in exchange for a discount at the Co-op. This offers a pathway for members to make meaningful contributions that will make a real difference in our community.
The Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op is committed to supporting the community, as stated in its Global Ends Statement. Partnering with organizations whose work aligns with that commitment helps the Co-op fulfill this goal.
General Guidelines for the Member Volunteer Program
- In order to be eligible to volunteer, Co-op members (or their designated household shopper) must attend a Member Volunteer Orientation and keep their equity current, this will ensure discounts are received and membership benefits remain intact.
- Members who receive a Community Discount will not be eligible for a Member Volunteer Discount.
- Member Volunteer Orientations will be held each quarter and will be posted at sac.coop/membervolunteer.
- To volunteer, follow the directions above to sign up online. If you’re having trouble, call 916-868-6399.
- All volunteer opportunities must be signed up for in advance online. No drop-ins, please.
- For each volunteer credit, eligible members will earn an electronic coupon to use the following month. That coupon can be applied to one shopping trip for a 20% discount.
- Member Volunteers can accrue up to two discount coupons for the following month.
Member Volunteer FAQs
Q: How do I find out what kinds of opportunities are available?
A: Qualifying Members can view available dates, times and opportunities at sac.coop/membervolunteer. Follow directions above.
Q: Is it possible to bag groceries at the Co-op for a member volunteer discount?
A: No. That kind of work is limited to the Co-op’s paid, mostly unionized, staff. The opportunities at River City Food Bank are similar to the kinds of work that have been available in the past: bagging, sorting groceries and customer service.
Q: I already volunteer at my child’s school. Can the time I spend there count?
A: Opportunities are only available at the Co-op’s established qualifying partners. (At the moment, River City Food Bank is providing opportunities for Co-op volunteers.)
Q: I don’t have a computer. How can I find out about the available opportunities and sign up?
A: You can call our registration line at 916-868-6399 and we will be happy to help you. If we don’t answer, please leave a message and we will call you back.
Q: Am I able to sign up at the Co-op Customer Service Desk?
A: In order for the Customer Service Desk to concentrate on the many other needs of Co-op shoppers, we ask that you call our registration line.
Q: Can I do twice as many shifts and get a discount for myself and for someone else?
A: The volunteer credit will only be available to the member who is volunteering and a designated household shopper. A household shopper can volunteer and earn the discount for the household.
Q: I’m between jobs right now so it’s a great time to bank a bunch of member volunteer credits! How far into the future can I earn my discount?
A: You may volunteer for up to two opportunities each month. The credits you earn will apply to a discount the following month.